Gen 4 Cigarette Filters
Standard Acetate & MicroBlue™ Acetate
Click here to download the virtual leaflet about MicroBlue™ Gen 4 Filter Rods.
- Selective molecular filtration
- Significant reduction in overall toxicity and specific constituents*
- No change in nicotine
- No change in draw
- No change in taste
- No change in consumer experience (taste, draw, look, nicotine, smell and touch)
- Safe, cost-effective components (standard and custom configurations)
- Independently tested pursuant to US FDA standards (e.g., safety and threshold cancer risk assessment)
- *Base-pair DNA mutations (Ames Test TA-100 /+S9)
The MicroBlue™ reduced-toxicity filtration technology includes an innovative yet inexpensive material that selectively binds and inactivates many of the carcinogens in cigarette smoke. The “scavenging” activity is due to its high molecular affinity for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) and other classes of carcinogens found in smoke. This intelligent and selective filtration leaves nicotine, taste and draw and other smoking sensations untouched. The MicroBlue™ technology is safe and does not add anything to mainstream smoke; its only effect on smoke is to selectively remove a significant amount of harmful carcinogens.
- All tests were conducted in internationally accredited laboratories (including Filligent's ISO 17025:2003 certified laboratory).
- All test samples use a standard Leading Light cigarette. The only change is the use of a MicroBlue™ filter of the same dimensions for MicroBlue™ samples. This permits a direct comparison of the relative efficacy of the filters, by keeping all else equal.
- Smoke chemistry and condensate collection: ISO with 100% vent blocking.
- Base-pair DNA damage: Ames Reverse Bacterial Mutation Assay (OECD 471); TA-100 strain of Salmonella Typhimurium with S9 activation. This is the standard threshold cancer-risk assessment test used by the FDA and OECD for assessing base-pair mutations, which are the molecular signature for tobacco-induced lung cancer.
To obtain a full set of the most up-to-date independent test results or to find out where you can purchase cigarettes incorporating our MicroBlue filter, please contact us.