- HK: H5N1 bird flu discovered in Mong Kok Bird Garden. Closed for three weeks and over 1000 birds slaughtered.
- Cambodia: WHO warn that 61 children died in last few weeks (with > 90% fatality rate) due to a mysterious and virulent disease. 46 of 57 cases reviewed by WHO ended in death within a day
The simplest and easiest way to prevent catching Flu is to protect yourself. The BioMask™ can rapidly inactivate 19 strains of influenza viruses, measles, TB and many other pathogens.
- In-hospital mortality in ICU patients with a Hospital-Acquired Infection (HAI) was 4 times higher than in those without a HAI
- Length of ICU stay of in-patients with a HAI doubled, from average 8.1 days to 15.8 days
- Based on the analysis of direct variable costs & fixed overhead costs, these infections cost an extra $16,000 per ICU stay — from $21,500 for a patient without a HAI to $37,500 for a patient with a HAI
- Bloodstream infection was the greatest driver of mortality (24.7%), followed by hospital-acquired pneumonia (16.7%), and surgical-site infection (10.9%)
Source 1 | Source 2